Benefits of RPA
The benefits of RPA are wide-ranging and far-reaching. You can put software robots to work to achieve significant and measurable improvements in areas of your business that range from customer satisfaction and employee engagement through to process speed, accuracy and cost-efficiency. The non-exhaustive list of the benefits of RPA include:
- Customer satisfaction: By freeing up your customer-service personnel from forms and tabulations, you’re giving them more time for attentive customer service. The result is an improved customer experience and a much greater ability to meet the requirements of service-level agreements.
- Productivity: Compared with humans, software robots can complete the same tasks up to ten times faster. They also work 24/7. Work will be getting done more quickly, which creates the capacity for more work to get done. Higher productivity can reduce expenses as well as create room for more rapid growth.
- Accuracy: Robots are 100 percent accurate, 100 percent consistent, and 100 percent compliant with policies. The more work you turn over to robots, the fewer clerical errors you experience, and the more time you save that used to be spent correcting those errors. Eliminating the little mistakes humans make can have an enormous impact on your cost base and customer satisfaction levels.
- Resource utilization: Offloading the mundane tasks to robots frees up your team to handle the tasks that add the most value to your business. What’s more, a robotic workforce is fully scalable, enabling organizations to respond to a spike in demand. That’s good for customer service and helps ease HR headaches.
- RPA will almost certainly change your labor equation — but that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll be slashing full-time equivalents. Your human workforce will be freed from many routine, mundane tasks for which they’re overqualified. That leaves them the bandwidth to tackle higher-value work.
- Return on investment (ROI): You will start seeing rapid ROI when you switch on your robotic workforce, with operating costs generally dropping quickly. While some IT expenditures will make you wait months or years before ROI shows up, with RPA, you’ll begin seeing ROI in weeks.
- Reduced staffing headaches: There’s nothing easy about staffing, especially in parts of your organization where the demand is uneven, activity levels are unpredictable, and turnover is high. Unlike the human workforce, robots can be scaled up and down comparatively easily. They can be deployed quickly and much more cost-effectively. It’s a lot easier to have the right level of staff at the right time.
Courtesy of NICE