Are you a small business owner, or do you manage someone’s small business? You and your company (or the business you run for your boss) will benefit greatly from workflow automation.
In this blog post, we’ll go over some general concepts related to process management, and we’ll also explain how robotic process automation can help your small business to improve its marketing efforts, become more efficient, be more profitable, and grow faster. Interested? Read on!
Automating Repetitive Tasks
Stop to think about what you do on any given day. How many tasks do you end up doing over and over again? It’s mind-boggling how much repetition is involved in running a business.
Now, think about how much more time you’d have if these repetitive tasks were taken care of automatically. What could you do with all this free time? You could reach out to new clients. You could connect with potential new business partners to expand your reach. You could focus on growth and increased revenue. With sound process management strategies in place, and by tapping into the leveraging power that automation brings, you CAN make the time to focus on all these more fruitful pursuits!
Giving Employees More Interesting Jobs
While some people enjoy data entry tasks, many find that doing this type of work all day long is draining. When you automate key aspects of your business, you free up your employees to focus on more interesting tasks. A more engaged employee who finds his or her work absorbing will likely be happier and more productive.
It benefits your business to adapt your workplace with workflow automation processes. Having happier, more engaged employees will lead to better morale, higher productivity, greater efficiency, and less waste overall.
Key Industries That Can Benefit
If you’re involved in any of the following industries, you should automate your business! The following industries are notorious for having deeply repetitive tasks as part of their business model. Workflow automation will speed up the processes, freeing you and your workers to focus on delivering superior customer service to your clients and growing your business into exciting new sectors.
- Health And Medicine: Everything that takes place at a clinic, hospital, or other medical setting is recorded. Automation will speed up the process.
- Hospitality Industries: Booking software is notoriously slow. Reservation processes are repetitive and redundant. Streamlining these will lead to improved guest experiences and happier hospitality workers.
- Mortgage Companies: The sheer volume of papers that need to be filled out and processed for loan applications can be a nightmare! Save your applicants and your loan officers a world of grief by automating your business. Automation can even lead to fewer errors being made.
- Real Estate Agencies: Transaction-heavy industries like real estate benefit from forms being automated and countless repetitive steps being streamlined.
- Manufacturing And Repair: Robotic process automation (RPA) and other forms of workflow automation can help your small manufacturing or repair business enjoy faster growth, greater productivity, and better production processes.
- Accounting Firms: If you are a CPA or accountant in business for yourself, you’ll find that RPA can free you to work on higher-level tasks and focus more on people, less on paperwork. RPA also vastly improves audit practices currently in place.
- Retail Sectors: The retail market is another segment of our economy that is transaction-heavy. Can you imagine how much more productive your employees would be, and how much more your business would sell, if robotic process automation was put into place?
- Banking And Finance: This is yet another sector that’s heavy on transactions and that relies on error-free processing for accuracy and client satisfaction. RPA can improve the quality of your services and avoid processing errors.
- Law Firms: If you are an attorney, do yourself a favor and adopt workflow automation practices now! You’ll reduce human error, offload highly repetitive tasks, and enjoy your job once more. Plus, you and your staff will be free to spend more time on higher-value, billable work.
- Human Resources: Every company deals with human resources in one way or another. If you run a temp or recruiting agency, you will find robotic process automation to be invaluable.
Now that you have a better idea of how process management can benefit you and your business, especially if you’re in one of the sectors mentioned above, let’s go over RPA specifics.
The Basics Of RPA
Technology can be your friend! Many business owners shy away from it, when in reality, they should be running to it!
New technology makes it possible to implement better process automation methods that will help you reach the growth and profit levels you’re dreaming about and working hard to reach. With automation, you’ll be able to achieve these goals much faster than by continuing what you’re doing right now.
RPA lets you automate tasks so you can free up employees to perform higher-value work. This emerging technology lets small businesses streamline enterprise operations to reduce costs. The keys to this method’s success include the strategic use of business logic and structured input to automate a specific business process. Small businesses can configure software to process transactions and other repetitive tasks, manipulate data, and communicate automatically with other digital systems. Through this approach, both staffing costs and human error are greatly reduced.
Do you want your employees to spend more of their time working directly with customers instead of having to tend to low-value tasks? Robotic process automation is the way to go!
More About The Process
By eliminating your mundane tasks, your business will suddenly have all this extra time you never knew you had available! The process involves pinpointing the problem first; finding the root of the problem that’s causing a reduction in sales and revenue is one of the keys to discovering what to automate.
By automating as much of the back-office tasks as possible, you are freer to focus on the more profitable front end of your business. With automation in place, you are free to scale and brand your business, using your business skills and creative talents to achieve growth!
Once you’ve figured out which systems and processes are holding you back, it’s time to create solutions. It’s time to adopt smarter, customized strategies that will keep you moving forward at a faster pace. Through optimization, you and your employees will be able to get ahead instead of constantly feeling like you’re swimming against the current.
Your Business Will Benefit In Multiple Areas
Robotic process automation can yield these (and more) benefits to your small business:
- Improved Quality: Processes can be performed without human error being introduced.
- Compliance: RPA is ideal for any heavily regulated industry.
- Greater Speed: Automation enables you and your employees to work faster and smarter! Automation enables processes to run 24/7.
- Data Processing: When you work with huge amounts of date, RPA reduces your processing burden and enables you to group and analyze the information in ways that can benefit both your business and the segments of the population you serve.
- Detect Patterns: Automated data processing can reveal important buying patterns that you otherwise might miss.
- Cost Benefits: RPA can maximize your dollar by, in part, freeing up your best people to handle higher-level work for you while automation takes care of the lower-level tasks.
Ready To Learn More?
Now that you’ve learned a bit about the value of workflow automation and process management in general, and RPA in particular, it’s time to take the next step. Our business, The STA Group, specializes in optimizing small business by pinpointing issues and creating automation solutions that free them to take it to the next level. We would love the opportunity to help you automate your business so you can grow.
To begin the conversation and start taking action to automate your business for greater efficiency, higher profits, and faster growth, get in touch with The STA Group today!